A research paper usually weighs 20-30% of the total course grade. It is assigned closer to the middle of the semester. There are special formal instructions and generally accepted standards that student should obey. For instance, he or she should stick to the particular formatting style (as a rule, it’s APA). Your tutor may also be interested in:
Unlike essays and book/movie reviews, teachers assign research papers for two purposes: discussing the entire course (or part of it) and checking the student’s progress. When comparing the final assignments to the previous, it is possible to get the overall picture of individual’s development.
From the very beginning of your essay, introduction, you should demonstrate the following skills:
- Writing skills
- Research skills
- Knowledge of academic subject
- English proficiency
You might be studying Ancient Greek literature or Medieval Europe during the entire Fall or Spring. Instead of covering everything, your essay introduction must tell that the entire paper will be on Homer’s Odyssey or medieval goldsmiths out of the whole history. To come up with a high-quality paper introduction and other parts of this assignment (body and conclusion), a student is encouraged to conduct a broad primary research (preferably) along with gathering secondary sources (interviews, polls, etc.). Of course, in the age of progressive technologies, there is another option: ordering fast and furious essay introduction from one of the corresponding writing websites like this one.
Do you want to learn how to write an essay introduction of the highest quality? It is important that the success of this part predetermines the fate of the entire paper. Start with observing any good example. Make notes on what you liked.
If we come back to our example, to get 100% reliable and relevant essay introduction based on the up-to-date sources, try to read original works of Homer and the feedback of his contemporaries. You must use sources that are no older than five years for your essay introduction and the rest of the paper. In the case of History class, observe the Treasures of Heaven at the British Museum. In fact, museums are just as useful places to visit as libraries, editions, or scientific institutions while working on research, lab report, coursework or paper introduction. A student receives far more valuable skills and deeper vision of a particular issue instead of copy-pasting information from the web. Of course, you may paraphrase some articles, posts, entire paragraphs, forums, e-books, etc. But putting on a mask of Sherlock in search of truth is much more exciting.
You have to search for the difference between research paper format and other academic assignments to understand it in full. Just as any other assignment, it has:
- an introduction
- 3-5 body paragraphs
- vivid conclusion
But one has to make sure thesis statement sounds stronger than ever. The overall structure must be perfect. Remember: your final grade depends on your term paper’s results heavily. Only midterm and final exams matter more, so sometimes it is better to rely on professional essay writing help online.
Writing an Introduction: Prompts
Now, let’s take a closer look at valuable information concerning your essay or research paper opening.
- Mind that you won’t be given another chance to make a first impression. Thus, your topic should be up-to-date and currently discussed within your society. In case you are not assigned a particular essay topic, try to brainstorm on your own before writing down an introduction. Another part of your opening created to impress the audience is a thesis It must look like a claim, and it cannot be a question. The qualities of the excellent first paragraph are:
- Properly structured
- The introduction of your essay serves as the map or an outline for the rest of the paper. The main idea is not only to draw the attention of your reader but to provide him with the basic information. He or she should know what you’ll be talking about in order to decide whether this specific topic is interesting for them or not. You need to discuss why you have chosen the subject, why it might be important for everybody, and why they are encouraged to spend a few minutes reading your article. Give hints on what sort of information your readers will obtain: fun or serious, neutral or debatable, globally or locally important.
- Use thesis to assert your main argument. This is the most crucial part of any essay introduction. Once reading your thesis, your readers should be motivated to read the rest of the essay.
- To make it excellent, an essay introduction must stimulate your readers to read the entire paper carefully, without jumping from sentence to sentence. Each body paragraph is equally important, but you should try to stick to the main point mentioned in your introduction.
- Develop your unique style. Your original voice will be heard from the first lines of your essay introduction. You may choose to tell an interesting story from your life. People would be more interested if you give an example or two. They always want to know how things work in real life. You don’t have to include too many details. It is better to begin with the small but witty joke or quote of the famous person. An interesting question in the first or last sentence of your essay introduction might also work. Make sure to provide the necessary answers in body and conclusion paragraphs.
Except for the opening paragraph, you should remember the other parts of your essay. Here is some help with your introduction and other elements.
Except for writing skills, term paper can provide a student with a good practice. Sometimes, a long research makes a student love the subject. Those who used to hate geography choose corresponding higher institution’s faculties later in their life. To like a subject, you have to understand it. Your knowledge can be seen even from the essay introduction.
Sharpening analytical skills and logic is another benefit of this assignment. You have to apply them when working on the essay introduction and moving forward. The evaluation process is based on the substantive quality, tools used in the research, communication skills (in case interviews, polls, and surveys were involved), content’s relevancy, paper’s organization, grammar, and experience gained.
No doubt: it is hard to accomplish such complicated task as an essay introduction without being provided with some real samples. All students who cannot cope with academic writing can always turn for professional academic essay writing assistance offered by these services.