Students are required to make various academic papers and essays during studying, and one of them is a personal essay. Writing a successful essay about yourself requires a lot of time, patience, and great skills in storytelling. You should prepare to work hard if you want to get a high grade. In this paper, you need to tell readers about yourself: this can be a story about your family, school life, or any other personal experience.
In our article, you will find many tips on creating a good essay about yourself without wasting your precious time. Read our detailed guide and find simple hints on writing. We will share all secrets how to choose shiny topics for your work, give you useful examples, and explain how to avoid mistakes. Are you a person with poor writing skills? It is better for you to order your paper online to get an interesting work. It is just like you are making a critical analysis about yourself.
5 Easy Steps to Create a Successful Essay About Yourself
Before you start working, we suggest following the next five steps that will be helpful in making a good paper.
Choose a bright story you want to write. Remember you need to describe a specific moment in your life because making a story about all those years of your entire life may fill a huge book. You can describe significant moments. This may be accepting to the college of your dream, getting a good job, losing a friend, or getting into a car accident.
Define the main goal of your future document: why you are telling this to people and what does your work can tell your audience? We suggest reading all instructions provided by your teacher and follow the guidelines.
Define your readers: imagine people who will read your words, and think about their interests and expectations. It's important to catch their attention to make them read your work until the end. The best decision is to grab their attention from the very beginning.
Brainstorm ideas for your future document: it is not easy to do, but we recommend using several simple techniques:
- Listing. Create a list of ideas you would like to include in your paper, re-read all ideas, and try to make groups of similar things together.
- Freewriting. This is a simple but very effective technique for any student that requires writing non-stop for 10 minutes. Then you need to review everything and use the relevant information for your future work.
- Clustering. It is a graphical method where you have to draw connections between a chosen topic to other ideas and describe these connections.
- Questioning. Ask a number of questions about the chosen topic and give detailed answers.
Create a detailed outline for your future paper: the more information you will write in this plan, the less time you will spend to make the document. The essay about yourself should include three parts. These are an introduction, main part, and conclusion. The outline is like a map to guide you through your own words; it is a simple plan that saves a lot of time in writing an work.
How to Structure My Essay Properly?
We already said it's important to make a detailed outline beforehand; we want to share several hints on creating parts of your essay:
- Introduction. The first sentence of your essay should grab the reader's attention. You have to forget about boring words and be extraordinary here because people won't read your essay! At the start of your work, you need to include a thesis (the main idea of your paper). You also have to provide the audience with a short background of your story.
- Body part. Feel free to divide this part into several paragraphs (usually three or more) to make your entire essay smooth and logical. Try to write all details in chronological order.
- Conclusion. This part of an essay should end up your story logically; here you can highlight the lesson you've learned throughout your experience. Don't make it too long, a conclusion must be around a half of page or less.
When your essay is finished, we suggest re-reading it carefully to search for errors and misprints and correct them to make your essay look perfect. We hope that our tips on writing an essay about yourself were useful; follow our simple tips and create many pages of your interesting and shiny essay!
Sample Essay About Yourself
Here we want to share a successful sample essay about yourself.
When I was young, I dreamed to study in California University to get a good education, but there was a problem: my English grades were very poor because I am not a native speaker. I decided to learn English every day to make my dream true.
Every new day was bringing a lot of challenges because it was a hard work for me; my dad and my family supported me a lot, and I think I would give up without them. I was getting up early in the morning, going to study at the college, and after classes, I was learning grammar rules. Sometimes I had to stay with my books until the late evening instead of walking with guys. I wrote hundreds of pages and read tons of books to improve my English. It is great I could practice with my wonderful friends who were native speakers; sometimes they could explain to me some grammar rules and give me advice on my college homework. And finally, I have got a high grade for the first time! My English teacher said I am making a great progress and I knew what that means for me: my dream will come true eventually.
Nowadays, I am a student at California University, and I decided to get a grade in the field I am familiar with. I want to be an English teacher. Of course, it is a big question still, but I will make my best because my point is there are no impossible things for a person who has a clear goal.